BetMGM review – How does it compare to other sportsbooks?
We’ve collected data from all the largest US sportsbooks, and in this review, we’ll see how BetMGM is comparing itself to its counterparts. Our goal is to present you with an unbiased review of BetMGM based on real tests, and we’ll continuously keep gathering more data and update these reviews to give you as accurate a picture as possible of the sportsbook.
How do BetMGM’s odds compare to other sportsbooks?
Sports we compared odds from:
- Soccer (premier league)
Time of comparison: May 2022
Odds is where BetMGM stands out, but not in a good way. We find the BetMGM odds to be consistently ranked dead last by all our comparisons.
They average 5.19% house edge on the 6 bets we checked in the NBA, MLB, NHL, and Soccer.
Baseball is their best sport at a house edge of 4.76% while soccer is their worst sport at 6.57% house edge.
Placement: Position 10 out of 10.
Strength: None (Based on our Samples)
Weakness: There are many, but the biggest weakness is soccer
We do want to emphasize that our conclusions are only based on our samples, and do not cover every sports type or betting type (yet). Our goal is to continuously run more samples and compare them to all the other US sportsbooks, in order to provide a more holistic overview of their odds selection.
BetMGM has all the major sports and a good selection beyond as well. They are missing a few minor ones like snooker and softball, as well as entertainment, although this is missing from most others too. It seems that only PointsBet has entertainment.
BetMGM has a solid welcome offer with a $1,000 risk-free bet. The industry standard seems to be around this, but quite a few sportsbooks have lower and only 2 others (Caesars and PointsBet) have higher than this.
– What events can you bet on?
– Is it for a single event or split between multiple?
Can be split between multiple bets.
– What are the minimal odds?
Minimum odds of 1.5 (-200).
– What are the wagering requirements?
– What is the minimum deposit?
– What is the maximum winning amount?
There is no cap.
– How long until the bonus expires after signing up?
Must be activated within 7 days of registration
– How long until the bonus expires after the first deposit?
30 days to clear wagering requirements
– If you win, can you withdraw the winnings right away?
After placing your Qualifying Bet, if your Qualifying Bet is a loser (as determined by BetMGM), you will receive FreeBet credits, in an amount equal to the lesser of the amount of your Qualifying Bet, and (ii) up to $1,000 (“FreeBets” or “Reward”). If your Qualifying Bet loses and it is in an amount greater than $50, you will receive five (5) FreeBets back in equal denominations of 20% of the total amount of the Qualifying Bet up to $1,000. That could be five free bets worth $200 each, which is not a bad deal.
FreeBets can only be redeemed via the BetMGM Sports website or mobile application, but you have just seven days from the time they are credited to your account to use them. That is not so great. Also the FreeBets cannot be redeemed for cash.
How does their sign-up bonus compare to other sportsbook bonuses?
Overall, the $1,000 risk free bet is a solid welcome offer. The industry standard seems to be around this, but quite a few sportsbooks have lower and only 2 others (Caesars and PointsBet) have higher than this.
We only care about the sportsbook promotions here and keep it more informative and easy to read. If the promotion expires within a couple of weeks, then let’s ignore it, since we’ll not publish this until the end of May. Refer a friend can be included here.
Money Monday Club
The Monday Money Club is a pretty popular Promo at BetMGM. For This promotion, you get a free $10 bet every Monday if you placed at least $50 in wagers during the previous week. You will need to opt-in on the promotions page to take part in this one.
Claim: Once per week
Expiration Date: None
NBA Overtime Insurance
Place a moneyline wager on any NBA playoff game. If your team loses in overtime, you’ll get your stake back in Free Bets, up to $25. You will need to opt-in on the promotions page to take part in this one.
Claim: Once per day during the NBA Playoffs.
Expiration date: End Of NBA Finals
Stanley Cup Playoffs Overtime Insurance
Place a moneyline wager on any Stanley Cup® playoff game. If your team loses in overtime, you’ll get your stake back in Free Bets, up to $25.
Claim: Once per day during the NHL Playoffs
Expiration date: End Of NHL Finals
NBA One Game Parlay Insurance
Place a One Game Parlay with at least four legs on any NBA® game. If all legs hit but one, you’ll get your stake back in Free Bets, up to $25.
Claim: Once per day during the NBA Playoffs!
Expiration Date: 6/12/22
NHL One Game Parlay Insurance
Place a One Game Parlay with at least four legs on any NHL® game. If all legs hit but one, you’ll get your stake back in Free Bets, up to $25.
Claim: Once per day during the NHL Playoffs!
Expiration Date: 6/12/22
MLB One Game Parlay Insurance
Place a One Game Parlay with at least four legs on any MLB® game. If all legs hit but one, you’ll get your stake back in Free Bets, up to $25.
Claim: Once per day during the MLB Season!
Expiration Date: 11/6/22
Reward yourself with up to 40% more in profits on your winning parlays. All you have to do is opt-in on the promotions page and place a 4-7 leg parlay on any sport or event.
Claim: Once per day through the end of the year.
Expiration Date: 12/31/22
BetMGM has revamped its Rewards Program. When you sign-up at BetMGM, you are automatically enrolled in their Rewards Program. As a member, you will receive custom bonus offers, dedicated betting windows at BetMGM sportsbooks, hotel comps, birthday and betting anniversary free bets, and more.
The number of perks that a customer gains, depends on their level of activity. The more sports wagers customers place, or the more casino and poker games they play, the better the rewards.
A customer will earn two types of points for every wager they place online through the BetMGM app.
- BetMGM Rewards Points – These are basically virtual currency. Bettors can redeem points for special offers and other perks through the BetMGM’s Rewards Store, such as sports, casino, and poker bonuses. They can also convert their points to MGM Rewards Points at a 1:1.25 ratio.
- Tier Credits – These determine each customer’s level in the BetMGM Rewards Program.
Bettors earn an equal number of BetMGM Rewards Points and Tier Credits for every bet they place. However, the exact number of points customers earn per wager varies based on the game type, bet size, and the house edge.
- Bettors will receive 20 Rewards Points for every $100 wagered on a straight bet.
- Bettors will receive 20 Rewards Points for every $100 wagered on a Parlay bet.
MGM Bettors who have achieved elite status will earn BetMGM Rewards points up to 40% faster depending on their tier. Tier Credits move bettors up through five MGM Rewards Tiers:
- Sapphire: Everyone starts here
- Pearl: 20,000+ Tier Credits
- Gold: 75,000+ Tier Credits
- Platinum 200,000+ Tier Credits
- NOIR: Invite-only
- Phone: None
- Type: Form
- Support: 24/7
BetMGM has many methods for depositing money into your account and it is very easy. They are right around the standard for deposit methods. Let’s take a look at some of the most popular methods.
On-Line Banking: With this method, you will use your banking institution’s portal and pay via checking account. Most popular banks are supported.
Debit/ Credit Cards: BetMGM supports any major credit/ debit card that has the Visa, Mastercard, or American Express logos. This method works just like buying something online, but you have to be wary that some banks do not support online gaming and they will block transactions.
Paypal: As long as a player’s Paypal email is the same as their account’s BetMGM email, they can fund their account with this method.
eCheck Via VIP Preferred: This electronic method uses a player’s bank account to fund their account. The player just needs a driver’s license to verify their identity, a checking account, and their bank’s routing number. There is one drawback to this method and that is the fact that VIP Preferred may set your initial weekly deposit limit a bit low, but we note that it will increase over time.
PayNearMe: This method works by sending a PayCode to your e-mail or smartphone. You will then take that PayCode with you to a local 7-Eleven to make a cash deposit that BetMGM will credit to your account within minutes.
You can also fund your account with various prepaid cards that include, PlayMGM Play+, BetMGM Gift Cards, and GAMEON Cards.
Hashlink to withdrawal methods above.
How are their withdrawal options, withdrawal time, and fees in comparison to other sportsbooks?
|Payment Type||Withdrawal Time|
|Bank transfer||1 – 3 business days|
|E-wallets (PayPal)||0 – 24 hours|
|Debit/ Credit Card||3 – 5 business days|
|VIP Preferred||3 – 7 business days|
|Check By Mail||7 – 20 business days|
BetMGM has been known for big bonuses and promotions since it launched back in 2018. When you sign up, you will get a risk-free bet of $1000, which is one of the better signup bonuses out there. BetMGM has many many deposit methods, plenty of solid promotions and their rewards program is very good. The biggest drawback is that their odds are marginally weaker than that of all lof the other sportsbooks we have studied and also the Still, BetMGM is very reliable and if you like to bet big, plus enjoy your time online, then this is the sportsbook for you.
What we like
- The sign-up bonus is one of the better out there.
- The site is easy to use
- There are plenty of good promotions
What we don’t like
- The Odds are the biggest downfall of BetMGM
- The live help is primarily a Bot. You have to answer many questions to get the answer you want and if you don’t get it, there is no live help to help you out. They don’t even have an email address. That can be frustrating.
1. To start, you need to click on the “Register” button to begin the account creation process.
2. You will then be asked to fill out some information on the registration form. You need to enter your email, desired user ID, and then choose a password. Click “Continue” to move forward to the next step.
3. In this next step, you will be asked to fill out more personal information. This information can include your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, and/or social security number. After you are done filling it out you will submit the information. Also, keep a note of when you need to enter any bonus code if there are any offers you want to redeem.
4. You may need to verify your new account with a link that will be sent to your email address. Click on the link.
5. Your new account is now verified and you are ready to rock and roll. All that is left to do is to deposit money and start winning.
BetMGM is an American global sports betting and casino company and joint venture between MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings. BetMGM also owns side sister brands Borgata Online (New Jersey), Party Casino, and Party Poker.
BetMGM is fully licensed and they are indeed legit.