Where: Kress Events Center, Green Bay, Wisconsin
When: Friday, November 9, 2018 4:30 pm Eastern
Indiana State is looking for their first win of the season and Green Bay is coming off a 110-54 win over Wisconsin Lutheran
Where are the Assists?
Ball State smoked Indiana State Tuesday night by the score of 86-69. The Sycamores shot just 38 percent from the floor, 50 percent from behind the three-point line and 61 percent from the charity stripe. Ball State shot 49 percent from the floor, 36 percent from beyond the arc and 75 percent from the free throw line. Sophomore guard Tyreke Key and Junior guard Jordan Barnes each scored 16 points to lead the Sycamores.
— Sycamore Basketball (@IndStMBB) November 7, 2018
Indiana State had just 11 assists on 26 made baskets. That’s not a good thing and means plenty of one on one isolation plays. Shooting 50 percent from beyond the arc was a good thing as were the 11 turnovers Indiana State committed. So there are good things to take away from their loss to Ball State. Shooting 61 percent from the charity stripe isn’t a good thing but their 18 offensive rebounds is a good thing.
Green Bay Clobbers Wisconsin Lutheran
Green Bay Wisconsin got their season off to a rip-roaring start with a 110-54 win over Wisconsin Lutheran. Green Bay had seven players score in double figures including four bench players. The Phoenix shot 55 percent from the floor, 30 percent from beyond the arc and 71 percent from the free throw line. Wisconsin Lutheran shot 32 percent from the floor, 25 percent from beyond the arc and 55 percent from the line in their lopsided loss to Green Bay.
Check out @SandyCohenIII dribbling through the OPPONENT'S legs on this steal and breakaway bucket!
— Green Bay Basketball (@gbphoenixmbb) November 6, 2018
The numbers are a bit skewed but there was and is plenty to like about Green Bay. Their bench came through big time and outscored the starting unit. In NCAA basketball it’s important to have a strong bench and seeing some of these young fellas get an extended run and valuable playing time is going to be a huge bonus come conference time. 26 steals is an incredible number but worthy of keeping an eye on as the season progresses. Double-digit scoring leaders are; Shanquan Hemphill (13), Sandy Cohen III (12), Jevon Smith (10), Manny Patterson (14), T.J. Parham (14), JayQuan McCloud (10) and Hunter Crist (10).
- Phoenix are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Phoenix are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Phoenix are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Phoenix are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Phoenix are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Phoenix are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Sycamores are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS loss.
- Sycamores are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
- Sycamores are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- Sycamores are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Sycamores are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss.
The Bottom Line What to bet on this game.
Full-Game Side Bet
I love the home dog. Especially when the dog is three points or less. For some reason, I like this Green Bay team and unless Larry Bird walks through the door, I think Green Bay is going to beat this Sycamore team at home. If the Green Bay bench is half as good as they were against Wisconsin Lutheran, than they are i business. And I have no reason to believe they won’t be half as good. So I will take the points and play Green Bay on Friday afternoon.
Prediction: Green Bay +1.5
Full-Game Total Pick
The total hasn’t come out yet, but I see it at about 133-138. If it’s in that range than I will bet the over. I like the Green Bay bench and I think the Sycamores can score some points also. I think this game is one of those 72-67 type games so if the total is 138 or less I’m going with the over. Any more than that I must bet the under because I don’t see these two teams scoring much more than 138 points.