Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. Kentucky Wildcats
College Football Week 4: Saturday. September 22nd 2018 7:00 PM EST TIME
The Mississippi State Bulldogs are hoping to keep their winning streak alive as they head into Kentucky to take on the Wildcats. As for the Wildcats, they are hoping the ground game can overpower the Bulldogs in a hopeful upset on Saturday night.
Dual Threat Success
The Mississippi State Bulldogs have been one of the most under-appreciated teams so far this season as they are taking the SEC by storm. The Bulldogs come into this game with an impressive 56-10 win over the Louisiana-Lafayette football team as the Bulldogs now remain unbeaten heading into the fourth week of the season. One of the reasons why the Bulldogs have had success so far this season is thanks to quarterback Nick Fitzgerald who has been the bright spot on this team. In their recent win, Fitzgerald would throw for 243 passing yards and two touchdowns on only 14 of 21 passing attempts. However there is a secret that the Kentucky Wildcats will not be able to solve heading into Saturday’s contest.
Fitzgerald is a dual threat quarterback who has the potential to take the game over. The Wildcats had trouble in their game against the Florida Gators and quarterback Feleipe Franks. They allowed Franks to throw for 232 passing yards and one touchdown. Franks also added on 44 rushing yards. Expect Fitzgerald to take the game over with his legs.
Wildcats Running Game
As stated above, the Kentucky Wildcats are going to have some problems with the dual threat quarterback of Mississippi State, however the Wildcats do have another set of tricks up their sleeve. The Wildcats come into this game just like the Bulldogs with an impressive winning streak of three games as they easily took care of Murray State by the final score of 48-10. Quarterback Terry Wilson who is also a dual threat quarterback threw for 163 passing yards along with 80 rushing yards and a touchdown. It will be the battle of dual threat quarterbacks.
However the Wildcats also have a running game that they like to go with often. Once the running game gets going they are hard to stop. In the win, the Wildcats also added on another 150 rushing yards with their main running backs. RB’s Benny Snell Jr, Chris Rodriguez, and Chris Rodriguez combined for 132 rushing yards and a touchdown in the win.
- Wildcats are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games after accumulating more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
- Wildcats are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Wildcats are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games on grass.
- Wildcats are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up win.
- Wildcats are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after scoring more than 40 points in their previous game.
- Bulldogs are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Bulldogs are 6-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Bulldogs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on grass.
- Bulldogs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
The Bottom Line What to bet on this game.
Full-Game Side Bet
The Kentucky Wildcats have a very impressive team especially on the ground game. With the home crowd getting involved early, everything seems in line for the Wildcats. However the Bulldogs of Mississippi State have been one of the most impressive teams so far in the SEC. The ten points seem very great, however Fitzgerald is way too powerful on a weak Wildcats team.
Prediction: Mississippi State -10.5
Full-Game Total Pick
The Kentucky ground game will be getting some points on the board which will make the game worthwhile, however the Bulldogs have the fire power with Fitzgerald to really make this game go out of reach. Coming into this game, the OVER has hit the past five out of six times in the last home games including the OVER in four straight times in conference games.
Prediction: OVER TBD